Tosei Corporation ("Tosei") meticulously manages personal information and privacy (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") in compliance with the laws, regulations and guidelines of Japan concerning the protection of personal information. Our policies on protection of personal information (privacy) are described below.
1. Obtaining Personal Information
When obtaining personal information, we will specify the purpose for which the information is to be used, and will collect only the information needed for that purpose.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Tosei will use the personal information it holds for brokerage, proposal and offering of products and services it handles (including sales activities such as information provision, order acceptance, delivery and payment requests and acceptance, and holding activities such as seminars and events), and marketing analysis (including questionnaire-based market surveys on our services and products). We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than those listed below without your consent.
- 1.Selling and buying, leasing, brokerage, management and appraisal of real estate
- 2.Contracting, planning and supervision of building construction, carpentry work, plastering, scaffolding/earthmoving/concrete work, stone work, roofing, electrical work, plumbing, tiling/brick laying/block laying, sheet metal work, steel structure construction, concrete reinforcement placing, glass work, painting, waterproofing, interior finishing work, machinery and equipment installation, insulation work, telecommunications wiring, fittings installation, fire safety facilities construction, and landscaping
- 3.Contracting of maintenance and management, cleaning and security of buildings and annexed equipment
- 4.Non-life insurance agency business
- 5.Insurance agency business under the Automobile Liability Security Act
- 6.Investment advisory services for real estate
- 7.Investment corporation management business, investment trust business and investment corporation organizer under the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations
- 8.Businesses under the Real Estate Specified Joint Enterprise Act
- 9.Investment in financial assets such as real estate securitization products, claims and securities
- 10.Type II financial instruments business under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- 11.Investment advisory and agency business provided for in the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- 12.Lending of money, guarantee of debt and other financial services
- 13.Management and leasing of retail, lodging, sports, aged care facilities, recreational and other facilities
- 14.Any other business incidental or relating to the businesses referred to in any of the foregoing items
3. Sharing of Personal Information
The Tosei Group, with Tosei as its core company, provides various real estate-related services to customers to meet their diverse needs. For this purpose, we may share the personal data of customers that Tosei collects or holds with other Tosei Group companies in accordance with the following:
- ⅰ.Parties with whom we share personal information
Companies included in the consolidated accounts of Tosei Corporation based on laws and regulations. Major Group companies are those in the separately posted list of consolidated subsidiaries.
Note: Companies with whom we share personal information are subject to change.
- ⅱ.Purposes of sharing personal information
Tosei Group companies with whom we share personal information use it for the following purposes:
Development, brokerage, proposal and offering of financial products and services related to the revitalization business, development business, rental business, fund and consulting business and property management business (including sales activities such as information provision, order acceptance, delivery and payment requests and acceptance, and holding activities such as seminars and events), and marketing analysis (including questionnaire-based market surveys on our services and products)
- ⅲ.Types of personal data we share
Name, address, date of birth, telephone number, credit-related information, transaction information and other information necessary for the "Purposes of sharing personal information" listed above
- ⅳ.Party responsible for managing personal data:
4-5-4 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023, Japan
4. Ensuring Accuracy
We take steps to ensure that the personal data we handle in our business operations remains accurate and up-to-date within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
5. Information Security
- ⅰ.Internal Structure
We have established internal regulations and rules necessary in our business operations for the handling of personal information and related systems. We also take organizational measures such as appointing information managers in each unit to create a structure for compliance with personal information protection rules.
- ⅱ.Security Procedures
We strictly control customers' personal information, and take precautions and security measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage.
- ⅲ.In-house Training
We conduct training for employees on protection of personal information, and disseminate the contents of the training within the Company.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion, Termination of Use and Removal of Personal Information
We take reasonable and necessary measures to respond promptly to customer requests for confirmation, correction or other amendment of their personal information.
Requests regarding disclosure, correction or other amendment should be made by filling out the form prescribed by Tosei. If the requester is the person to whom the personal information belongs, documentation to verify the person's identity should be submitted with the form. If the requester is an agent, documentation verifying the agent's authority should be submitted together with documentation verifying the agent's identity. We will carry out the requested procedures after receiving such documentation.
Requests regarding disclosure or amendment should be directed to the department listed in item 11 below. Note that fees and postage may be required.
7. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
- ⅰ.We will not disclose nor provide customers' personal information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- We have obtained the customer's consent to disclose or provide the information to a third party.
- The information is disclosed or provide in non-personally identifiable form.
- Disclosure or provision of the information is required by law.
- If we are required to cooperate with national or local governments or parties entrusted by national or local governments in performing their legal duties, and there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the customer would hinder performance of those duties.
- Cases in which there is a need to protect fortune or rights, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal’s consent.
- If the provision is required or permitted under the specified laws and regulations.
- ⅱ.When making disclosure or provision to a third party, we will transfer personal information giving full consideration to safety management, using methods including written documents, mail, telephone, fax, e-mail and digital media. In addition, we will strive to protect personal information through methods including making arrangements with the relevant third party regarding its protection.
8. Handling Information on Our Website
- ⅱ.Use of IP addresses
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Our Web servers (Internet servers) automatically identify your computer from the IP address. We may use the IP address to identify a specific user only when required to do so by the laws of Japan, or when we judge such details to be necessary to protect Tosei's rights or property, or to protect the customer.
- ⅳ.Personal information on linked sites
This website contains links to various related websites such as those of service providers we partner with ("related sites"). However, please be aware that we are not responsible for protecting personal information on websites operated by third parties, including related sites.
9. Handling of Specified Personal Information
- ⅰ.Purpose of use of specified personal information
We will use the specified personal information we collect and hold for the following businesses.
- Filings related to unemployment insurance and workers' compensation insurance
- Filings related to health insurance and welfare pension insurance
- Preparation of withholding records for employment income and retirement income
- Preparation of payment records for remuneration, fees, contract payments and premiums
- Preparation of payment records for dividends, distributions of surplus and interest on guaranty capital
- Preparation of payment records for real estate rental fees, etc.
- Preparation of payment records for consideration for receiving real estate, etc.
- Preparation of payment records for consideration for the transfer of trust beneficiary rights.
- Preparation of payment records for intermediary fees for purchase and sell or renting of real estate, etc.
11. Contacting Us
If you have any questions, inquiries or complaints regarding our handling of personal information or specified personal information, please contact us at:
4-5-4 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023, Japan